Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Ballads by Mrs. Roeglin's Fifth Grade Class

When I went to hit the ball
I tried and tried not to fall
When I tried to get a home run
I missed the ball but still had a lot of fun.

Come on ref, let's flip the dime
Let's score some points before half time
Come on coach we want to cream
We want to cream the other team.

I was running to hit the ball
But my shoe untied and made me fall
I was playing tennis against my twin
And I was hoping I would win.

My brother fell and broke his toes
Because he had triped on a hose
They lost the game which made him mad
So then I felt very sad.

Every time I watch football
Everybody seems to fall
If they make this one last goal
The Packers will go to the Super Bowl.

I am never really able
To keep that ball up on the table
The net always blocks my shot
Then I start to get really hot.

I am usually pretty fast
I have never come in last
The fastest person's name is Kim
She tells us that she loves to swim.

As I start to dribble the ball
My shoes untie and I start to fall
When I fall I bump my head
All I want to do is go to bed.

When I start to shoot a duck
I see a great big 30-point buck
Then I go to grap my gun
I hit the deer and it started to run.

I slipped and fell off my skateboard
And landed on a telephone cord
When I fell I skinned my knee
And hit my head and I can barely see.

I'm gonna kick that soccer ball
I hope I don't trip and fall
I stepped into a great big hole
And scored the winning soccer goal.

As I ran I began to tumble
Then it ended up being a fumble
The next play was going to be a pass
But then I tripped and fell in the grass.

I go to the ice rink and hope to learn
The teacher taught me how to turn
Then I did a double flying spin
This time I really hope to win.


These were written by my younger brother and his classmates in Mrs. Roeglin's 5th grade class.

No comments:

Post a Comment